Dancing in the Light

I John 1:7 "If we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ, His Son, cleanses us from all sin."

Name:
Location: North Platte, Nebraska, United States

I am a christian wife, mother and grandmother. I am a licensed Social worker and a licensed Christian counselor. I am most proud of the relationships I have with God, my family and friends all over the world. I have been blessed beyond my dreams.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

"Who Loves You"

If you ask any of my grandchildren "who loves you", they will immediately say, "Grandma" or "My Grandma". They know this because I have told them many times that I love them. And when I am with them I hold them, play with them, sing with them and read to them. I buy them gifts and take them places. I fix them foods they love to eat and give them sweet treats. They know that I will protect them and that no matter what, I will never ever stop loving them. While they cannot possibly grasp how much or how deep I love them, they KNOW I do.
I think it is the same way with us and God. We know He loves us because He tells us so many times. He protects and cares for us, provides for our needs, longs to spend time with us, and gives us many gifts and blessings. We cannot begin to grasp how deep or how much He loves us. We know the verses--John 3:16, Romans 5:8, I John 3:1---That He loved us so much, even when we were at our worst, He sent His Son to die for us, so that we could live with Him forever.

This kind of love I have difficulty with. I remember sitting in church one Sunday morning, sitting between my two boys. As they passed the communion I looked at these two beautiful children (although they were both taller than I already) and tried to fathom how much love one would have to have to give their child. As tears streamed down my face, I realized I could not ever comprehend how great a love that is. I also realized that I do not have to understand its depth to appreciate the gift.

My grandchildren may never understand just how much I love them, but they will always know that I do---they can depend on my love and will hopefully find comfort and courage in that love. The courage and comfort I get from just knowing my Father loves me with an unfailing and everlasting love sustains me and my inability to grasp its magnificence makes the gift even more precious.
Jeremiah 31:3 "I have loved you with an everlasting love"
Because I KNOW He loves me,
Neva

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home