Dancing in the Light

I John 1:7 "If we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ, His Son, cleanses us from all sin."

Name:
Location: North Platte, Nebraska, United States

I am a christian wife, mother and grandmother. I am a licensed Social worker and a licensed Christian counselor. I am most proud of the relationships I have with God, my family and friends all over the world. I have been blessed beyond my dreams.

Saturday, May 12, 2007

God Knew

I remember growing up and visiting with my friends. Like all kids, we talked about our families. We talked about our annoying brothers and sisters. We talked about how handsome our daddies were and we talked about all the "mom" things our mothers did. I have often marveled at how different all our familes were and how God gave us the exact parents He knew we needed.
  • God knew that our daddies would teach us to sniff our clothes before we put them on, so He gave us mommies to teach us about dirty clothes and clean clothes.
  • God knew that hotdogs and fritos would not have enough nutrition to sustain active children for long, so He gave us moms to prepare balanced meals and to convince us that we would learn to like "yukky stuff".
  • God knew that holding a fishing pole or a shotgun or a remote control would not teach us to hold a pencil and pen, so He gave us mothers to send us to school and help with our homework.
  • God knew that other kids very well might be mean to us and break our hearts, so He gave us mommas with soft hands and laps to provide comfort.
  • God knew we would live in a world that was full of heartache, full of violence, full of pain, so He gave us mothers to example compassion and caring and forgiveness.
  • God knew we would struggle as we went through puberty, that we would be embarrassed by our skin and by our hair and by our bodies and so He gave us moms to tell us how beautiful or handsome we were.
  • God knew we would not always win and we would be hard on ourselves and feel like a failure and so He gave us mommas to tell us she was proud of us and remind us that there would be a next time and we were sure to do better.
  • God knew sometimes we would forget how to love and so He gave us moms who love us forever and always, no matter what.
My mom is currently in Croatia for three months. I already miss her but I know she is doing God's work. I think God knew the people of the former Yugoslavia would need some extra encouragement. I think He knew it would take someone with a sense of adventure, the wisdom that comes from years of studying His word, and the courage to speak for Him, and so He sent them my mom. I cannot be with her tomorrow, I will not be able to talk to her on the phone and I will not be able to send her roses. This is a picture of a rose bush in our back yard. I am sending these roses via cyberspace to my mom and all the other mothers out in blogland.
Happy Mother's Day !!!
You are just what we needed, God knew it all along!
Peace
Neva

25 Comments:

Blogger Monalea said...

Beautiful! Happy Mother's Day - Neva! Have a wonderful weekend.

Love you 2-3-6
Monalea

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day, friend

Love ya
Kel

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's day to you--the roses are beautiful!

love
Rachel

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too!
Will you get to be with any of your kids?

I am praying for your mom, I know how much you miss her. I am sure she misses you too. But I bet she loves the roses!!!

Love
Mary

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this mean I can just print off the picture and give it to my wife? Not really, I already got her something. Happy Mother's Day Neva. Your roses are beautiful.

Dan

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers Day Neva! Hope your day is blessed. I am so glad "God knew" I needed you in my life.

Carol

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neva,
I am so blessed to have a godly mother. God has been good to me.

Happy mothers day

In HIm
Yvonne

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God does know and He does give us just what we need. Praise the Lord for His gifts to mankind.


Jeneane
Happy Mothers Day

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers Day to you too...that was a beautiful tribute.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

You are such a joy!

Blessings,

Lori

6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers. God is a gift giving God.

Jean

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen Lori--I am always blessed when I visit here.
Neva, I hope to meet you some day in person. You are such an inspiration and encouragement.

Happy Mothers Day
Corinne

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everybody needs a good mama. Thank the Lord, I got one. She kept me in the church, she molded my faith and gave me the courage to stick with it and become a person of integrity. God knew I needed a mother just like the one I got.
Blessings to you
Carlos

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day, Neva!

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neva,
I read your blog every day but haven't commented yet. I was so touched by your words about your mom, mostly because she is like a mom to me. We all miss her here in Redmond, but I know (and God knows) just as you said that someone needs her in Croatia and I too am proud of the work she is doing for Him. Your mom is a very special woman and so are you! I look forward to reading your blog. Have a Happy Mother's Day!
Love in Him,
Debbie W.

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neva,
I came via CWO. I see you have been blogging for quite some time. I don't know how I have missed you. I have read up to January and have enjoyed your posts very much. It is easy to see you are a woman of the word and one who strives to share that word with the world. I was blessed as I "danced in the light" with you today.
May God bless you always
Kim

12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's day!!


Lyndsay

7:43 AM  
Blogger donna said...

Happy Mother's Day ....such a beautiful tribute....

donna

10:57 AM  
Blogger Traci said...

Happy Mother's Day to the best mother in law a woman could ask for! God definitely knew what He was doing when He gave me you as my second mother. You are so loved and so appreciated. I hope you had a wonderful day!

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful post, Neva! You've been sharing your Mama with many of us for many years...so I'm sure Croatia isn't a big stretch for you!

Happy Mother's Day!

5:53 PM  
Blogger Amy S. Grant said...

Neva, I love this post. Thank you for the encouragement in our walks as moms, those were good reminders of the roles we fill in our children's lives.

I hope you are having a wonderful Mother's Day!

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neva
Hope your Mother's Day is absolutely wonderful!!

love
Kara

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers day, sister


Dean

7:52 PM  
Blogger Aunt Angie said...

That was beautiful! Hope your Mother's Day was blessed!
Angie

1:46 PM  
Blogger The Preacher's Household: said...

see we can learn new tricks :0
I love the picture!
Happy Mom's Day
Kathy

1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home