Dancing in the Light

I John 1:7 "If we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ, His Son, cleanses us from all sin."

Name:
Location: North Platte, Nebraska, United States

I am a christian wife, mother and grandmother. I am a licensed Social worker and a licensed Christian counselor. I am most proud of the relationships I have with God, my family and friends all over the world. I have been blessed beyond my dreams.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Forgiveness

You know how you read the Bible every day and sometimes certain scriptures just jump out at you? You think about them and meditate on them and are just plain moved by them? Thats exactly what happened when I read Psalm 130: 3 &4 last week. I have not been able to get it out of my mind. I have really been pondering over these words. "If you, O Lord, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness. . . "
Can you even imagine what would happen if God kept a record of our sins? It is almost overwhelming to even think about. I know my flaws and sadly how often I transgress. I know that not a day goes by without my failing to meet God's mark. I know that God is all knowing. He too, knows these faults, stumbles, and rebellions. He knows that I am a sinner.
And yet, He knows my heart. He knows that "what I do not want to do, I do" and "what I want to do, I do not do" (much like Paul in Romans 7. ) God knows that in my heart, I WANT to do what is right. He loves me and so He forgives my sins, washes them away with the most precious blood sacrifice. This love, though incomprehendable to me, sustains me and gives me hope. Thank God for His mercy, His grace and for forgiveness.

Because of His love,
Neva
I Corinthians 13:5--". . . Love keeps no record of wrong. . . "

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a very true picture of forgiveness. I am inspired by your words

Jean

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home