Dancing in the Light

I John 1:7 "If we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ, His Son, cleanses us from all sin."

Name:
Location: North Platte, Nebraska, United States

I am a christian wife, mother and grandmother. I am a licensed Social worker and a licensed Christian counselor. I am most proud of the relationships I have with God, my family and friends all over the world. I have been blessed beyond my dreams.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

GPS

If you have watched any television or received any department store flyers, you have no doubt seen GPS for sale. For those of you who may not know, GPS stands for global positioning system and it is basically the utilization of satellites to tell one where one is and how to get where they are going. GPS has become so popular that it is no longer just in vehicles, now it is in cell phones, blackberries, and even tennis shoes!!! Amazing technology!!! Science doing its best to make sure we are not lost.
(I am sure you know where I am going from here.) As Christians, we have our own GPS---we have the Word of God. It is the standard by which we measure our daily walk, thus telling us where we are. It tells us where we have been, (While we were yet sinners, Rom.5---And you were once dead in your sins, Eph. 2) and it tells us how to get where we want to go. It is just a matter of accessing this information.
Many cars come with a GPS now, however you must call the navigation company and subscribe to the program in order to utilize the GPS. Otherwise it is just another useless gadget on the dashboard. It is the same with the Word of God. If we do not "subscribe", the Bible is just another book. But, we don't have to pay for this service because our Father and His Son already settled the bill. All we have to do is utilize it.
Wanna know where you are? Wanna know where you are going? Ask the GPS---The Word of God. This is God's technology making sure we are not LOST.
Psalm 25: 4-5 "Show me your ways O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are my God my Saviour and my hope is in you all day long."

Neva

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home