Dancing in the Light

I John 1:7 "If we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ, His Son, cleanses us from all sin."

Name:
Location: North Platte, Nebraska, United States

I am a christian wife, mother and grandmother. I am a licensed Social worker and a licensed Christian counselor. I am most proud of the relationships I have with God, my family and friends all over the world. I have been blessed beyond my dreams.

Monday, December 25, 2006

God With Us

I love this time of year. While I don't believe Jesus was born on Christmas Day, I love that right now, at this moment, much of the world is thinking about Him and each other. What a nice change of pace from our normal selfish world. From the announcement of the angels to the celebration of the shepherds, God's arrival in the world of mortals brings hope and peace, comfort and joy. The idea that God would love us enough to WANT to be with us is both amazing and incredible. In the birth of the child, came the gift of salvation. The idea that He would bring us hope and peace and comfort and joy, knowing that our own selfishness would be at work, destroying hope, disturbing peace, providing no comfort and robbing ourselves of joy, shows just how much He truly loves us.
This year, my prayer is that each of you embrace the gift of God, celebrate the life, death and resurrection of Jesus. Every day, allow the Spirit to live within you and enjoy a year of hope, peace, comfort and joy---for God is with us and one day to celebrate this is just not enough.
Merry Christmas, my friends. May this be the year you celebrate Christ.
Neva

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you!

Dan

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Neva!
Abby

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your holiday was happy and the Lord blesses you with many more

Jean

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Neva
I pray that God will continue to light our path each and every day of this new year. May you and Ned enjoy all of Gods richest blessings today and always.
Love you Rita

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home