Dancing in the Light

I John 1:7 "If we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ, His Son, cleanses us from all sin."

Name:
Location: North Platte, Nebraska, United States

I am a christian wife, mother and grandmother. I am a licensed Social worker and a licensed Christian counselor. I am most proud of the relationships I have with God, my family and friends all over the world. I have been blessed beyond my dreams.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Sweet Treats

Last night, I know I fell asleep with a smile on my face. You see yesterday was such a wonderful day!!! I woke up to fresh, hot coffee. As I sat with my cup, my dog on my lap and visited with my husband, the sun started to come up. Its rays glistened on the ice, still covering the branches of the trees, and each branch sparkled as if carefully dressed in a shiny foil coating. It was so beautiful and although the brilliance hurt my eyes, I could not will myself to turn away. I stood at the kitchen window, marveling at the detailed beauty, when Madi woke up. She sleepily reached out to me and I sat in the rocker, snuggling this sweet child as she continued with the work of waking up. After several kisses and hugs, she decided she needed to converse with me. We had wonderful conversations, (about 15 of them in 7 minutes). She told me how much her daddy loves pickles and how she thought her mama and baby brother were missing her. She told me about her preschool and how much she learned there. She sang her ABC's and counted as far as she could count. She asked me if I was proud of her and I was. I watched her, smiling and marvelling at the amazing capacity God gave us for learning.
Today was the day I would take her back home. Her uncle, Colt, would meet us in Amarillo. Madi was very excited. We decided to eat at McDonald's and wait for him there. I watched as this beautiful four year old removed all the hard chocolate coating from her ice cream, and then used pieces of it as scoops for the ice cream, just as her uncle Chad had done many years ago. Her smiling face and dancing eyes were only made sweeter by the chocolate mustache encircling her sweet mouth.
After handing her off to her uncle, who by the way, looks like he is 16 but is married with a child, I headed for home, reminded of what it was like to be so young and excited to watch my babies grow and experience life. As I crossed the Sanford Dam, the sun was just setting over Lake Meredith. It was vibrant and beautiful and looked as if God had painted the sky and then folded the earth in half, smearing the colors on the water. There was a slight breeze and as it blew across the tinted water, the water seemed to come alive and dance toward the shore. It was beautiful.
It was dark by the time I neared home. As I drove across the plains in the dark, I noticed how beautiful my Father made the night. The moon was full and bright and the sky was clear. Lights from the neighboring towns encircled me in the darkness and the stars sparkled in the sky. It looked as if God had dressed the world for a party with sequined cuffs and glitter in her hair. It was very peaceful and very beautiful.
I arrived home to be greeted by Ned and my dog, as only they can greet, with hugs and kisses and tail wagging. It was good to be home. As I lay down to sleep, nestled in Ned's arms with the little dog snuggled up next to me, I felt the most incredible sense of contentment and awe and I went to sleep--smiling. I am so grateful to have a Father who not only provides for my needs but also makes my world so beautiful. While He made my world to be functional, I am thankful it was also made lovely to look at. From the ice on the trees to the granddaughter to the sunset to the stars, I live in a magnificently gorgeous world. What a treat!!!!
Psalm 145:3-6 "Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; He greatness no one can fathom. One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of you mighty acts. They will speak of the glorious splendor of you majesty and I will meditate on your wonderful works. They will tell of the power of your awesome works and I will proclaim your deeds. They will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness."
What a treat!!!

May everyday be filled with sweet treats for each of you,
Neva

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading your blog is one of my sweet treats---I look forward to it every day

Love
Eileen

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was very uplifting. Sometimes I forget how blessed I am

Yvonne

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are blessed, aren't we. I snuggled down last night in similar circumstances and thought the same thing.

Love,
Tammy

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we are all blessed more than we can imagine


Dan

3:30 PM  
Blogger Traci said...

Excuse me, you also talked to your most favorite 35 year old daughter in law that day too!! I know that had a lot to do with that sense of happiness. :)
I love hearing you sound so happy. It makes me very happy!!

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home