Dancing in the Light

I John 1:7 "If we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ, His Son, cleanses us from all sin."

Name:
Location: North Platte, Nebraska, United States

I am a christian wife, mother and grandmother. I am a licensed Social worker and a licensed Christian counselor. I am most proud of the relationships I have with God, my family and friends all over the world. I have been blessed beyond my dreams.

Friday, December 29, 2006

"Scooching Over"

When I was a child, my family took a trip from Colorado to Washington. Loading up the family station wagon---the old Rambler, and a favorite uncle, my parents and my brother and sister and I set off on a grand adventure. We stopped to see another aunt and uncle and with them visited Yellowstone National Park. At that time, in the late sixties, visitors could see lots of wildlife. We saw mountain goats, big horn sheep, buffalo, elk, moose and of course bear. The bears were so accustomed to humans, they would come right up to the car window, begging for food. I remember sitting in the front seat between my uncle and my dad. My uncle had rolled down the window just a bit and was feeding bread pieces to a young brown bear. I was excited and a little bit afraid. Shortly, a large, very large bear came up to the window, commanding his share of the bread morsels. As this large bear put his paws on the car and pushed against the window, my excitement fled and in its place, terrror. I was so afraid that bear would come through the window and devour us. I quickly "scooched over" closer to my dad, who smiled and put his arm around me. I knew he would not let anything happen to me. I knew he would protect me and so I scooched even closer to him. I knew I would be safe.
Today, there are no bears pushing at my window, there are no mountain lions or wolves threatening to devour me. Now, my fears are related to the spiritual dangers that seem to be everywhere. Satan pushes on the windows, trying to get in. And I know, if I let him in, I will be lost, devoured by sin. I see him trying to get into the lives of others, too. I see him trying to trick them, to seduce them, to fool them into letting him in, and I am afraid for them. I am afraid for all of us.
And so, I "scooch over" closer to my Father. I spend more time in prayer, more time in His word, more time with His people. My Father wraps His arms around me and reassures me that I am safe. I am confident He will let nothing happen to me. He will protect me. It is an amazing feeling, that feeling of protection, the feeling of safety and security. I am confident that God is on my side. He is my Father and He does not want anything bad to happen to me. As long as I draw near to Him, I am safe, safe from Satan's tricks, safe from my own self-destructive tendencies, safe from those who work for Satan and are trying to harm me. As long as God has His mighty arm around me, I am protected. That protection is there for all of us. All we have to do is "scooch over".

Psalm 34:7
The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him and He delivers them.

Neva

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isnt it great to feel secure in our Father's arms?
Jean

4:32 PM  
Blogger Lisa Renee said...

I am praying for your son.

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home