Dancing in the Light

I John 1:7 "If we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ, His Son, cleanses us from all sin."

Name:
Location: North Platte, Nebraska, United States

I am a christian wife, mother and grandmother. I am a licensed Social worker and a licensed Christian counselor. I am most proud of the relationships I have with God, my family and friends all over the world. I have been blessed beyond my dreams.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Sometimes Ya Gotta Shine

Have you ever watched a children's school program? Usually about 20 kids walk in single file--they step up onto risers and face a crowd of proud parents and grandparents. The teacher gets everyones attention and then nods to the piano player and the program begins. I love these programs. I smile at the one or two in every group who sing with all their might. They stand up straight, smile real big and sing at the top of their lungs. They don't seem to notice that they are not harmonizing with the rest of the group, or that they may not be singing on key---they just sing and they seem to enjoy it immensely. They are the star of the show and how they shine!!!

We could learn so much from these "Shining Stars". In Philippians 2:9, Paul tells us that we are to stand out from the crowd---we are to be pure and blameless unlike the crooked and depraved generation in which we live. In doing so, we shine like stars. We stand out and don't look like the rest of the group. Like these child stars, we stand up straight and we smile really big and we sing with all our might, we live with all our might and we SHINE!!!!!

We don't shine just for the purpose of shining. In Matthew 5 we are told to let our lights shine so we glorify the Father in Heaven. That child in the front row, singing at the top of her lungs, she does that to get her parents attention and to make them proud. That is why we shine, it makes our Father proud.

So as we start this next week, I am going to make every effort to stand up straight, focus, smile great big and sing my heart out. I am going to shine and enjoy it immensely!!!! Watch my Father smile.

Daniel 12:3 ". . . those who lead many to righteousness will shine like the stars forever."


Neva

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home