Dancing in the Light

I John 1:7 "If we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ, His Son, cleanses us from all sin."

Name:
Location: North Platte, Nebraska, United States

I am a christian wife, mother and grandmother. I am a licensed Social worker and a licensed Christian counselor. I am most proud of the relationships I have with God, my family and friends all over the world. I have been blessed beyond my dreams.

Monday, October 23, 2006

My Cup and My Portion

I have been a bit discouraged lately. I have been looking for a job with no results. If you have ever been on this mission, you may know just how much it affects how you think about yourself. I ask God what is wrong with me that no one wants to hire me. I ask Him what exactly He has in mind for me, (because I believe He has something planned). I ask Him what I am supposed to be learning from this experience and most of all, I ask Him how long it's going to last.

I have been here before and I remember having just as little patience then as I do now. I remember the frustration and the agony of looking and looking. I also remember what happened when I finally fell to my knees and asked God to help me wait for Him and accept whatever He sent my way. I prayed He would calm my spirit and give me peace. I prayed He would help me stop working and worrying so much so I could see and appreciate His hand working in my life. Today, I find myself in that place again---on my knees, tears in my eyes, but anticipating the peace my Father sends.

Psalm 16: 1 says ". . . You are my Lord and apart from you I have no good thing"----later in vs. 5&6 it says " . . . Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure, the boundary lines fall for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance."

I do not know what God has in store for me, but I know that what He has given me in the past has been magnificent. He has never let me down. He is a promise keeping God and He wants the best for me. He has assigned for me what I need and I am confident I have a "delightful inheritance".

Waiting on the Lord,
Neva

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home