Dancing in the Light

I John 1:7 "If we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ, His Son, cleanses us from all sin."

Name:
Location: North Platte, Nebraska, United States

I am a christian wife, mother and grandmother. I am a licensed Social worker and a licensed Christian counselor. I am most proud of the relationships I have with God, my family and friends all over the world. I have been blessed beyond my dreams.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

All Tucked In

I got home late last night after an absolutely wonderful trip. The ladies day went well, church was wonderful and getting to spend time with friends was an extra special blessing. On the way home last night, as I drove across the plains in the darkness, I thought about traveling with my parents when I was a small child. I remember sitting in the back seat with my brother and sister and as we neared our home, I always pretended I was asleep. I would close my eyes and snuggle down in the car seat. I knew that if I was asleep, my dad would carefully pick me up, carry me into my bed, quietly tuck me in, kiss me good night and then go get my sister (also pretending to be asleep).
Our motivation was not laziness or just an intent to decieve. I can't describe the security and comfort, the all over peace and feeling of being well-loved I had each night. I went to sleep smiling. For just a few moments, I felt I was my dad's most prized possession. I knew he would let nothing happen to me and although he would shut the door and turn out the light, he would be standing watch outside, guarding me from all the "things that go bump in the night". I knew he would be there in the morning and would go to work to provide for my every need. I think a part of me even knew he wasn't fooled by my pretend sleep. Yet, he loved me and wanted to protect me, and that time was special to him, too.
I am a grown up now and I have a heavenly Father who also wants to tuck me in at night. He wants me to feel loved, safe and secure. He promises to protect me and provide for me. When I spend special time with Him before bed, the dreams are still sweet and once again, I drift off to sleep with a smile on my face.

Proverbs 3:24
"When you lie down, you will not be afraid. When you lie down, your sleep will be sweet."
Neva

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home