Dancing in the Light

I John 1:7 "If we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ, His Son, cleanses us from all sin."

Name:
Location: North Platte, Nebraska, United States

I am a christian wife, mother and grandmother. I am a licensed Social worker and a licensed Christian counselor. I am most proud of the relationships I have with God, my family and friends all over the world. I have been blessed beyond my dreams.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Fighting Against God

Last night at church we were studying in Acts chapter 5. We were discussing the mandate given by the Sanhedrin that Peter and the apostles stop preaching Jesus. The text says that Gamailiel in all his wisdom advises the opponents of the Faith to stop persecuting the apostles. He tells the leaders of the Sanhedrin to leave them alone and if their cause had earthly origins it would fail but if it orginated with God, it would be successful and they would only "find themselves fighting against God."
That last phrase really really hit me. I wondered how often I fight against God and His plan. I believe God indeed has a plan and in this plan, He has a place for me---a place wrought with purpose and mission. Scripture says He desires my total devotion to Him, an overwhelming need to be like Him and a compulsion to share Him with others, because He is not willing that any should perish but that all would come to know Him. And He promises to care for me, to make sure my needs are met, to give me both strength and sustenance as I willingly take my place in His plan--the scheme of redemption.
Too often, I find myself stubbornly refusing the path He has offered and the task He has assigned. I look for theological loopholes and try to manipulate the situation. I make excuses and lazily ignore my mission. Last night, it occurred to me, when I do this, I am fighting against God and the success of His plan. What a sobering thought! I believe God is all powerful and that the final victory is already His. How futile it is to fight against Him. His plan will be successful--it already is. My stubborn, unwilling, and rebellious heart does not deter His plan, it only separates me from Him. It places me on the losing team and guarantees future failure. This self-induced rift between my heart and His is unacceptable.
Today, I repent of my stubborness and ask God to show me my place in His plan, to give me a willing heart to accept my mission and strength and tenacity needed to complete my tasks, and the spirit to submit and no longer fight against Him. I want to be a part of His plan, to be on the winning side, to experience the victory!!!!

"Show me the way I should go for to you I life up my soul." Ps. 143:8b
Neva

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home