Dancing in the Light

I John 1:7 "If we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ, His Son, cleanses us from all sin."

Name:
Location: North Platte, Nebraska, United States

I am a christian wife, mother and grandmother. I am a licensed Social worker and a licensed Christian counselor. I am most proud of the relationships I have with God, my family and friends all over the world. I have been blessed beyond my dreams.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Unfailing Love

Psalm 51: 1- 4
"Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. For I know my transgressions and my sin is always before me. Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight."
My friend, Joi Carr, sings a song called "Unfailing Love" and it is taken from this passage. What a beautiful thought is expressed in both song and scripture. I love that in spite of our sins, sins against Him, we are saved by His mercy and compassion and unfailing love. We know that we are sinful, we know that not a day goes by that we do not sin. We are very aware of our sinfulness. These verses call us to a deeper, more precious awareness, the awareness that those sins can be and are being, blotted out, washed away, and we are being cleansed from any residue. Wow!!! Isn't that incredible? I am ever grateful for His mercy, compassion and unfailing love. These verses and Joi's song instill in me a sense of hopefulness and gratitude. Because God cannot be where sin is, my only hope to live with Him forever is to have those sins taken away. He, out of His desire to be with me, offers to do that for me. How amazing is that?
Grateful for His Unfailing Love,
Neva

1 Comments:

Anonymous Parise said...

<$BlogBacklinkSnippet$> <$I18NPostedByBacklinkAuthor$> @ <$BlogBacklinkDateTime$>

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home