Dancing in the Light

I John 1:7 "If we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ, His Son, cleanses us from all sin."

Name:
Location: North Platte, Nebraska, United States

I am a christian wife, mother and grandmother. I am a licensed Social worker and a licensed Christian counselor. I am most proud of the relationships I have with God, my family and friends all over the world. I have been blessed beyond my dreams.

Monday, November 13, 2006

A Real Feast

Isaiah 55:1-3
"Come all you are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come buy and eat!!Come buy wine and milk without money and without cost. Why spend money on what is not bread and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good and your soul will delight in the richest of fare. Give ear and come to me; hear me, that your soul may live."
Thanksgiving is coming and this holiday, while it is about lots of things, it is also about food. Because I am me, I have already planned and replanned the menu for the day, (actually for the whole week). I want to have everyone's favorites, I want the tables to look nice, and everyone to be at the table, I want the food to look appetizing, and I want to plan the cooking so everything gets done at the same time and so I can focus on the family members who will be here. I am excited about the meal but I think the true feast will be the time we get to spend together.
I am always thankful for my children and grandchildren. I am always thankful for the time we have together and I am always thankful that we all belong to God and so, we will be together for all eternity. We have each "come to the water" and because of that, we have much more than November 23rd to be thankful for. We have accepted an invitation to the banquet table (Song of Solomon 2:4) where we will feast for all eternity. Gathered round the throne, worshipping God with those you love ----That is truly the richest of fare!
Thankfully
Neva

3 Comments:

Blogger Larissa said...

You plan??? No!!! I am just shocked. Shocked, shocked, shocked. Sorry for all the sarcasm. I couldn't help it. However, I am looking forward to the feast myself.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Traci said...

I think she should be out of the will!! :)
FOUR MORE DAYS!!!

6:15 AM  
Blogger Traci said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home