Dancing in the Light

I John 1:7 "If we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ, His Son, cleanses us from all sin."

Name:
Location: North Platte, Nebraska, United States

I am a christian wife, mother and grandmother. I am a licensed Social worker and a licensed Christian counselor. I am most proud of the relationships I have with God, my family and friends all over the world. I have been blessed beyond my dreams.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Home Is Where The Heart Is

Last night I watched The Wizard of Oz with my granddaughter. It is her favorite movie of all time and she quotes the words along with the characters. The movie ends with the phrase, "There is no place like home." And those were the last words Madi said last night before she fell off to sleep.
The word "home" invokes so many emotions. When I think of home, I think of safety, comfort, family and of course food. I think of laughter and memories and sharing all that with those I love. There are many quotes that talk about home. Home Sweet Home, Home Alone, Home for the Holidays, I'll Be Home For Christmas, Welcome Home, This World Is Not My Home, you get the message. My favorite phrase about home is "Home Is Where The Heart Is." Over the years, I have really come to appreciate that thought. The physical location is not what is most important. What is important is what happens to the heart when we talk about HOME. The home we long for, the home we get homesick for, the home we think about, the home we miss.
As Christians, we are not home. Because home is where the heart is and our heart is not to belong to this world. When we think about our heavenly home, we should think about the safety, comfort and family. We should get the same warm, happy feelings. We should be anxious to go home. Unless our heart is divided and then our heart is not in heaven and. . . neither is our home. God says we cannot love the world and Him. We cannot have divided allegiance and we cannot call heaven home while having an emotional attachment to the world. God says it doesn't work that way. Where do you call home? It has to be where your heart is.

Neva
Matthew 6:21 ff "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven...
for where your treasure is there will your heart be also."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home